Maple Origins - v1.11
Log in to Maple Origins forums! (:

Blue Splash

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blue Splash

Post by Lychaeus on Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:07 pm

http://i.imgur.com/qnLkp.jpg

Sorry, too big for the forum, so just click the image link.
avatar
Lychaeus
Member
Member

Posts : 92
Rep : 1
Join date : 2012-06-05
Location : Connecticut

View user profile http://lychaeus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Blue Splash

Post by Hinamori on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:52 pm

it needs more illumination and some fusion the render with the letters

Hinamori

Posts : 11
Rep : 0
Join date : 2012-06-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blue Splash

Post by Lychaeus on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:40 pm

Hinamori wrote:it needs more illumination and some fusion the render with the letters

avatar
Lychaeus
Member
Member

Posts : 92
Rep : 1
Join date : 2012-06-05
Location : Connecticut

View user profile http://lychaeus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Blue Splash

Post by OliviaQ on Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:18 am

Looks cool!! I've just started to learn Photoshop soo I'm not that skilled ywt. However, what do you think of my Sig? :/
avatar
OliviaQ
Donator/Intern
Donator/Intern

Posts : 43
Rep : 1
Join date : 2012-06-19
Age : 22
Location : Singapore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blue Splash

Post by Lychaeus on Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:02 am

OliviaQ wrote:Looks cool!! I've just started to learn Photoshop soo I'm not that skilled ywt. However, what do you think of my Sig? :/

Haha, thanks. Here's my honest opinion of your signature (not to be a total douchedick)
It looks like you hardly put any effort into it. From what my eye can see is that you added a sky background taken from Google, slapped a render on along with the butterfly, maybe a brush, and then added text. What does look good is the color mixing and the luminosity of the signature. If you want any help with graphics, feel free to PM me your contact information and I can give you a private tutorial; like I do for everyone else who asks.
avatar
Lychaeus
Member
Member

Posts : 92
Rep : 1
Join date : 2012-06-05
Location : Connecticut

View user profile http://lychaeus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Blue Splash

Post by Bacardi on Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:04 am

Lychaeus wrote:
Hinamori wrote:it needs more illumination and some fusion the render with the letters


lol'd

his comments are valid in proper english though (i think).
not 100% sure what you were trying to do with the paint and the letters, but the way you have the blue coming off the EW in drew makes it look like you were trying to have the paint coming off the letters. In that case it would've looked better if you did what you did over the NG in cutting more often, that is, having the paint in front of the letters, as well as thrown in a bit of shading to accent that.

Not a bad piece, but the lack of polish in the letters/paint interaction makes it feel unfinished.

your work is pretty good, so i'll let you off with a warning on my main pet peeve w/ gfxers;
never fucking save in .jpg format again i will kill you
graphic design immediately becomes 2384723987x better when its ugly artifact free, so use .png like a man
avatar
Bacardi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts : 832
Rep : 43
Join date : 2011-06-11
Age : 24
Location : canadia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blue Splash

Post by OliviaQ on Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:15 am

Thanks For your honest opinion! And like i said, Just started sooo I'm slowly figuring out stuff as i go along. Any tips on how to particularly improve my sig? :)
avatar
OliviaQ
Donator/Intern
Donator/Intern

Posts : 43
Rep : 1
Join date : 2012-06-19
Age : 22
Location : Singapore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blue Splash

Post by Orangina on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:05 am

OliviaQ wrote:Thanks For your honest opinion! And like i said, Just started sooo I'm slowly figuring out stuff as i go along. Any tips on how to particularly improve my sig? :)

You could try adding a border, even a simple one pixel border can make it stand out more and enhance effect. But a good place to start is to just look at various photoshop tutorials and just trying to absorb the different techniques used.
avatar
Orangina
Junior Member
Junior Member

Posts : 65
Rep : 0
Join date : 2012-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blue Splash

Post by Lychaeus on Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:17 am

Bacardi wrote:
Lychaeus wrote:
Hinamori wrote:it needs more illumination and some fusion the render with the letters


lol'd

his comments are valid in proper english though (i think).
not 100% sure what you were trying to do with the paint and the letters, but the way you have the blue coming off the EW in drew makes it look like you were trying to have the paint coming off the letters. In that case it would've looked better if you did what you did over the NG in cutting more often, that is, having the paint in front of the letters, as well as thrown in a bit of shading to accent that.

Not a bad piece, but the lack of polish in the letters/paint interaction makes it feel unfinished.

your work is pretty good, so i'll let you off with a warning on my main pet peeve w/ gfxers;
never fucking save in .jpg format again i will kill you
graphic design immediately becomes 2384723987x better when its ugly artifact free, so use .png like a man

Wat. I never save in .jpg. Maybe it was set as my default for saving after I had been modding SCP (have to save pictured in .jpg format). I might remaster the picture (mostly editing the lettering and the splash effects).
avatar
Lychaeus
Member
Member

Posts : 92
Rep : 1
Join date : 2012-06-05
Location : Connecticut

View user profile http://lychaeus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Blue Splash

Post by Bacardi on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Lychaeus wrote:
Wat. I never save in .jpg.



whatever it is make it un happen
p.s i saved that screenshot in png look how crisp and clear it is
avatar
Bacardi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posts : 832
Rep : 43
Join date : 2011-06-11
Age : 24
Location : canadia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blue Splash

Post by Lychaeus on Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Bacardi wrote:
Lychaeus wrote:
Wat. I never save in .jpg.



whatever it is make it un happen
p.s i saved that screenshot in png look how crisp and clear it is

Oh, I realized I saved it as a .jpg, but I'm just saying that I've never done it before until now.
avatar
Lychaeus
Member
Member

Posts : 92
Rep : 1
Join date : 2012-06-05
Location : Connecticut

View user profile http://lychaeus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Blue Splash

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum